Smoked Sirloin Tip Roast

Started by WoodlawnSmoker, May 18, 2014, 10:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodlawnSmoker

Picked up a couple of sirloins from Costco, one I ground up to smoke some burgers so I figured I'd throw on the other roast at the same time.  I brushed it with Dijon mustard and sprinkled the entire thing with Habanero's beef rub recipe.  After 2 1/2 hours of smoke I wrapped it in foil and added 1/2 cup of Clamato juice, 1/2 cup beer, a few diced jalapeno peppers and put it back in the Bradley for a couple more hours.

This was my first beef roast in the Bradley but it turned out pretty nice, juicy with a bit of heat.  We'll use this one for sandwiches.

This was after 2 1/2 hours of hickory and mesquite

After the foil wrap to an IT of 142

Sliced up ready for lunch

As soon as the loaf of chive sourdough cools, chives from the garden

Saber 4

That looks good all around, the roast ought to taste awesome and the bread can't be beat.

RedJada

You need bigger bread. Looks delish....

kayes

My name is Kayes, and I love meat.

OldHickory

Looks good.  I will try a top loin roast soon when the price is right.  Did you have your own starter for the sour dough?
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

BoxcarBetts

What temp did you do the cook at?
They say it's easier to quit heroin than it is to quit smoking!

WoodlawnSmoker

Quote from: OldHickory on May 22, 2014, 04:14:33 PM
Looks good.  I will try a top loin roast soon when the price is right.  Did you have your own starter for the sour dough?

Yeah, we've got a starter for the sour dough.  It needs to be fed about once a week so we get at least a loaf every weekend.  I like this stuff, can't wait to keep trying new additives.

WoodlawnSmoker

Quote from: BoxcarBetts on May 22, 2014, 09:30:15 PM
What temp did you do the cook at?

Cooked at 220.  I'll be doing more roasts, great way to prepare tasty lunches.