Previous topic - Next topic

markkjacobs

So,
removed skin.
evoo and rub.
marinated overnight.
racked 1/2 hour before smoke.
3 hours smoke/cooked in 6 rack digital.
IT at 118..brought in, finished in oven to IT 170.
;D RAVE REVIEWS from all family members.

A little concerned about cook temp - will i always have to finish in oven?

tommorrow..meatloaf!

I am hooked just like the rest of you!

Saber 4

You can finish in the Bradley and get to the IT you want, it will just take time and most people finish poultry in the oven to crisp up the skin not because they can't get to an IT. Since you removed your skin there's no reason not to do the whole cook in the Bradley unless you start to run out of time. Others will be along shortly with their opinions so just go with what makes the most sense to you.

waycoolcat

I agree with Saber 4, poultry skin turns out "flabby" from the smoker, and I like to finish it in the oven or grill. Since you didn't have skin on your chicken it would have finished fine in the Bradley smoker if given enough time. One thing I've found out with this low and slow method is you can't say, "supper is at 6:00" its done when its done. After I have the smoke on the meat I'll throw it in the oven if there is a time constraint.
I want to be a better carnivore!

tskeeter

I agree that you can cook chicken to an IT of 170 in your Bradley.  I do it several times a year with turkey breast.  It just takes time.  For a nine pound, skin on, turkey breast, I plan on around 5 1/2 hours at about 225.