Memorial Day cookout emergency

Started by gutterdoc, May 25, 2014, 11:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gutterdoc

Hello folks,

Newbie here please be gentle.  I got a BS611 for Christmas and just decided to get it going for the big weekend.  Houston we have a problem.  It heats up fine.  Problem is that the generator just advances CONTINUOUSLY.  I loaded the hopper up and next thing it knew, I was out 16 pucks of soaked brittle, never to be used again wood.  What do I do?  Looking for help!

ragweed

Could be a bad microswitch in the SG.  Call Bradley on Tuesday.  In the meantime you can load the pucks from the front, one at a time and get by.  It's a pain and a nasty burn waiting to happen, but I did it when the same thing happened to me.  Rescued the cook.

gutterdoc

That's what I thought.  I looked at it and I don't have the micro switch.  I looks like a U that the arm goes through when it is cycling.  Like a gate switch or something.  Maybe it is magnetic?  Could I add a magnet?  I have no idea.  Looks like I'm in for a looooonnnng cook.

TedEbear

Hi and welcome aboard.  Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with it right out of the chute.  Click on the link below and see if any of that helps.

Why are the bisquettes continuously feeding, and just being dumped into the water bowl?

Habanero Smoker

Hi Gutterdoc;

Sorry to welcome you to the forum in this manner.

The below link contains additional tips and troubleshooting ideas.
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

gutterdoc

Spoke with Bradley today.  Sounds like my switch is bad, right out of the box.  I'm the lucky winner!  One is on the way.  Cookout went well and I spent a lot of time in front of the smoker.  Ribs, Loin, Drumsticks, Chops all came out well.  Had to feed the machine every 20 minutes or so.  Drank too much beer.  Good weekend!

ragweed

Glad it all worked out for you.  Didn't know you could drink too much beer when BBQing.