I can't wait...

Started by Me_Like_Meat, July 12, 2006, 09:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winemakers

thats not a problem, thats an opportunity!

;D

mark

JJC

M-L-K, you're my kind of smokin' fool!  ;) ;)

Welcome!
John
Newton MA

ralsty

It's my turn...now I can't wait. I ordered my 4 rack BDS just yesterday and praying it gets here for the weekend! What to do first???
Ralsty
Spring, TX

Check out -- www.hsarc.net

Oldman

Quote from: ralsty on August 01, 2006, 10:37:34 AM
It's my turn...now I can't wait. I ordered my 4 rack BDS just yesterday and praying it gets here for the weekend! What to do first???
If you ordered it from Chez I bet that there is a good chance you will have it by Friday. A couple of years back there were some Ebay whores that took weeks and weeks before the unit got sent out.  In fact if I remember correctly one member ended up going directly to Bradley in order to get the whore to ship it.

Check out the recipe site to find something for your first smoke.  Personally I would do a Boston Butt.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ralsty

Yes...I did get it from Chezbubba. After reading through posts on this site it seemed like the only option. Kirk was very patient with all my questions and provided alot of information. I may try a Pork Butt first but what would you suggest to use as a meat to 'season' the smoker? I would appreciate any input you could offer.
Ralsty
Spring, TX

Check out -- www.hsarc.net

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: ralsty on August 03, 2006, 08:36:02 AM
Yes...I did get it from Chezbubba. After reading through posts on this site it seemed like the only option. Kirk was very patient with all my questions and provided alot of information. I may try a Pork Butt first but what would you suggest to use as a meat to 'season' the smoker? I would appreciate any input you could offer.
If you follow the instructions about seasoning your smoker, once that is done you can start smoking anything.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

projump

Hello,
but what would you suggest to use as a meat to 'season' the smoker? I would appreciate any input you could offer

When you season the smoker, you won't need to have any meat in there.
I set mine at 175 degrees and let it smoke for 2 hours. Hope this helps. 
                                           projump
When there are visible vapors in ignited carbonaceous material, there you will find parts of an omnivorous ungulate from the suidae family of mammals.

sittinsmokin

I got my new 4 rack digital on thursday, and im in the process of cooking a brisketit were. Smells so good my mouth waters every time I walk by it.
yumm. Oh, you can season the unit without meat in it..works great so far too...
If Heaven aint got Bradleys, then I aint goin!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: sittinsmokin on August 04, 2006, 06:01:34 AM
I got my new 4 rack digital on thursday, and im in the process of cooking a brisketit were. Smells so good my mouth waters every time I walk by it.
yumm. Oh, you can season the unit without meat in it..works great so far too...
Welcome to the forum. Sound like you are well on your way. Just don't peak to see how things are going.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)