How much smoke does the 611 generate?

Started by elevernier, July 19, 2014, 01:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elevernier

Guy,
Just got the 611, have not used it yet, and I don't have a cover for it yet, I live in a town house so my options are to either use it on my balcony or in my garage, I hate having to carry it up to my balcony to use knowing that I will have to carry it back to my garage for storage until I can get a cover, wondering if the smoke generated will stink up my entire house if I use it in my garage?

Thanks for the replies.

Saber 4

I would use it just outside the garage if possible, others use theirs in the garage and have more experience in venting and smoke accumulation, I live in the country so I use mine on the front porch to be out of the weather and it gives me a good wind break for the prevailing winds in our area.

Habanero Smoker

Hi elevernier;

Welcome to the forum.

If it is just the smoke generator you will be carrying back and forth to the garage, that will have very little smoke smell, especially if you clean off the bisquette burner right after each use. If you are referring to carrying the whole unit back and forth (which I recommend until you get a cover) keeping the door to the cabinet and vent closed during storage; that should keep the smell to a minimum. If your garage is small and the temperature is hot, you may have a slightly stronger odor, but nothing I would think would be offensive.

Until you can get your cover, medium to thick gauge sheet plastic cut size will work fine on a temporary basis. Just use some light tie down straps, or bungee cords, or just cord to secure the plastic to the cabinet.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Alanfromwis

Extra large bags that fit 45 to 55 gallon cans will fit over the Bradley for a temporary cover & they help keep the smoke odor down. Welcome to the forum.
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

KyNola

If I read your question correctly you are asking if the smoke from your Bradley will find it's way into your house from the garage.  In my opinion most likely it will depending on how the garage is attached to your home and how long you actually have the smoke rolling.  If you don't want to carry it up and down the stairs you might try using your smoker in the garage with the garage door up.  That means you will have to stay with it to prevent someone from carrying off your Bradley.  Not a bad idea to stay with it anyhow if using in the garage in the unlikely event of a grease fire.  Sounds as though your living quarters are directly above your garage.

ragweed

We have a split foyer home (garage under half the house).  I smoke just outside the garage under a bit of an overhang.  What little smoke that backs into the garage doesn't seem to make it to the rest of the house.  I've even had to roll the smoker back into the garage when a sudden rain rolled in.  No problems.

I keep my smoker on a Craftsman toolbox on rollers.  Roll it out to smoke, back in to store.

tskeeter

For a low cost, in and out of the garage option, I used one of those low, flat furniture dollys.  The ones kind of like a platform truck.  Think I paid about $7 for it at Harbor Freight.

If I had to smoke in the garage, I think I would use some flexible duct to exhaust the smoke through a window or door to the outside.

elevernier

I ordered my Bradley cover off of Amazon for 25 bucks, it actually came the next day so I was able to run it out on my patio to get it "broken in". I really love this thing!