Door seals

Started by Consiglieri, May 31, 2014, 10:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consiglieri

Hello all!  Sorry for the long absence.  Parenting responsibilities have interfered with my ability to follow this site in quite some time.  I finally managed to blow out the door seal on my 6RDBS and I am looking for a replacement.  Yard and Pool has a "magnetic door seal."  Is that what I need, or is that something else?

Hope all is well with you all.  Casualty occurred during a protracted smoke of 32# of pork butt. 
Consiglieri

Habanero Smoker

Welcome back.

If the door is fine, and it is just the door seal that requires replacement, then that is all you need to order. It does not come with the hardware, so make sure you are careful removing the screws, and the two tabs at the bottom so you don't loose any of them. It probably will not come with instructions either. Do not over tighten the screws. Tighten just enough for a snug fit.

The seal may be easier to install, if you remove the door. Removing the door can either be easy, or very challenging; depending on which type of top hinge pin your door has. Below is a link to instructions on how to remove and replace the door. Also, at the end of the instructions; there are some tips on how the "set" the new magnetic seal.
Door Installation/Removal

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Consiglieri

Habs, it's great to see you still posting.  Thanks for the insight. And thanks for your pastrami recipes!  I'm standing post on a pulled pork vigil tonight.  At least I get to watch and listen to some awesome music.
Consiglieri

Habanero Smoker

There is nothing like BBQ and good music. I hope you cook goes smoothly.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)