Ben perthshire,Scotland Question about cold smoking

Started by invercat, June 11, 2014, 05:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

invercat

Hi everyone,

I have recently butchered and am waiting to smoke some roe buck saddle and haunch cuts.  I want to cold smoke them for a reasonable length of time. How often should I be adding smoke blocks I have read that I will need to cold smoke for 7 days! This will equate to a lot of expense if I am constantly adding smoke blocks. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks

KyNola

I'll yield to those who are much more knowledgeable than me but without knowing your smoking set up I would be a little nervous about cold smoking pretty much anything for 7 days without proper curing, etc.

You should take the advice of others who will come along with much more experience in cold smoking.

Welcome to the Forum!

Saber 4

Quote from: KyNola on June 11, 2014, 08:05:36 AM
I'll yield to those who are much more knowledgeable than me but without knowing your smoking set up I would be a little nervous about cold smoking pretty much anything for 7 days without proper curing, etc.

You should take the advice of others who will come along with much more experience in cold smoking.

Welcome to the Forum!

X2

Habanero Smoker

Can you provide more information on the smoking procedure outlined in your recipe, or post a link to the website that has the recipe would be better. I have only cold smoked bacon in the Bradley for three day period, and that recipe was adapted from a smokehouse technique, and I only applied smoke a few hours per day. With the Bradley you may have to revise your recipe, maintain the appropriate temperature for the seven days, and only apply smoke a few hours per day.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tailfeathers

Can't begin to answer your question, but you've come to a good place to ask. Welcome to the forums from South Dakota!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!