salmon fillet

Started by smokealittlesmoke, June 10, 2014, 09:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokealittlesmoke

Hey guys this is my first try at smoked salmon this is a .85 lb fillet. I cranked the bradley up to 225. I squeezed an entire lemon over the meat, then used salt, pepper, garlic powder. Loaded the smoker with cherry wood and let it start smoking after I seasoned the fish. The fish sat for half hour or so. Then on the smoker for 1 hour, came to an IT of 145 for the wife. She likes it a little more done and flaky. I have to say i have never had salmon i liked better than this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Smokealittlesmoke

Saber 4

Looks like you had some good dinner there.

tailfeathers

Nice lookin' hunk of fish ya got there!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

BoxcarBetts

My in laws are coming over tomorrow with some salmon and I'm looking for a hot-smoked recipe.  This looks like an excellent candidate.  Can I assume you had smoke going the whole hour it was in there?
They say it's easier to quit heroin than it is to quit smoking!

smokealittlesmoke

Quote from: BoxcarBetts on June 14, 2014, 05:29:53 PM
My in laws are coming over tomorrow with some salmon and I'm looking for a hot-smoked recipe.  This looks like an excellent candidate.  Can I assume you had smoke going the whole hour it was in there?
hey boxcar, sorry I am a little late getting back to you here. But yeah I did smoke the whole hour. Did you try this? how did they like it?

Smokealittlesmoke

BoxcarBetts

No worries, SALS.  I tried basically the same method with some Alder and a few different seasonings.  Turned out great!  Everyone loved it.

smokealittlesmoke

Quote from: BoxcarBetts on June 20, 2014, 02:15:17 PM
No worries, SALS.  I tried basically the same method with some Alder and a few different seasonings.  Turned out great!  Everyone loved it.

That's great to hear! I use cherry for fish it's a milder smoke and I think it almost adds a little sweetness. I also use cherry or apple or a mix for my pork. Happy to hear everyone loved it!
Smokealittlesmoke

BoxcarBetts

I haven't bought any fruit woods yet, but I think I should!  Have you tried Maple on salmon yet?  I saw some "maple flavoured" alder-smoked candied salmon at Walmart the other day.  Could be interesting!

smokealittlesmoke

Quote from: BoxcarBetts on June 21, 2014, 04:38:22 PM
I haven't bought any fruit woods yet, but I think I should!  Have you tried Maple on salmon yet?  I saw some "maple flavoured" alder-smoked candied salmon at Walmart the other day.  Could be interesting!
I have not unfortunately, in my area I have not even seen all the diffrent types of biscuits. I did go to cableas as last weekend and they had what I believe must be every flavor of Bradley biscuit and also some that where cableas brand.

Smokealittlesmoke