This is the process I'm doing for Brisket, any advice?

Started by Thumpinbass, June 13, 2014, 02:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpinbass

Ok.   There may be a slight resistance poking the skin but after that, the fork slides in and out with no problem.  Definitely juicy.  It's flowing out.   Think I'm going to pull and wrap it up and keep in the cabinet like you said.   Thanks for the advice and being up when I needed it.   Lol

Allen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Habanero Smoker

It sounds like you will be serving some nice brisket today.

For some reason I'm always up early, it's a bad habit. ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Thumpinbass

I'll post pics when it's all said and done.  I had the alarm set for 4:15 to change water.  Plan was to go back to bed but now that it got done earlier then expected, I'm still up.   Going to foil with broth, stick back in DBS and then head to bed.  Your just up the road from me.  I'm in PA.   

Allen

Habanero Smoker

I've been in PA several times, generally the eastern side. PA has a lot of beautiful country side. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Thumpinbass

I agree about PA.  I'm in the harrisburg area.   Well, tightly foil with beef broth.  Set the temp for 170.  I'll pull around 9:30-10 and FTC til around 12:30-1p.   Nite.   Lol

Allen

Habanero Smoker

Harrisburg is a nice area. I've been there a couple of time.

You should try to get some sleep! ;D I can't wait to see your pictures. Catch you later.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Thumpinbass

Posted pics of my overall experience in the 'meat' section of the forum. 

Thanks for all the advice!

Allen

John T

Hi All,  Planning on smoking about a 5 lb brisket this Sunday. Think I have the rub down - and may do a Beef broth injection.  Question on approx. smoke time. I know to consider around 1 - 1.5 hrs cook time per pound.  What would any one suggest as far as total Smoking time??  Probably gonna use hickory - maybe mesquite.   Also - may consider doing the "Crutch" of wrapping in foil once gets to 160 ish.  Anyone have experience or thoughts on this too?  I know - asking many questions - but first time with a brisket.  Thanks for any help!  John

Habanero Smoker

Try not to use an injection with too strong of a beef broth flavor, it may come out tasting more like roast beef. I usually smoke with oak, and apply 4 hours. Pecan is a good choice; again I would use 4 hours. I rarely use mesquite. The smoke flavor is too strong for me. If you use mesquite you may want to use less smoke.

I've never foiled a brisket while using the Bradley. Foiling will shorten your cooking time, and maintain more moisture. You will get less bark.

I
         don't
                   inhale.