A question....

Started by milsy, June 15, 2014, 12:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milsy

I'm new to this smoking thing...............  Anyways. I seem to have a lot if smoke escaping from the smoke generator area. Just wondering if this is usual?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

GusRobin

Is your vent on top open?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

TedEbear

How many hours worth of pucks do you have loaded in there?  You don't have to apply smoke for the entire time you're cooking something.  Most people add smoke for just the first 3-4 hours and then slow cook the rest of the time.

And if your vent is closed it will lead to smoke backing up into the SG as well as black rain in the cooking chamber.  Not a good thing to have.

milsy

Ok. Thanks. Vent was closed for the first hour. I leave the pucks loaded in there. Only have to move it 15' so it's easier to leave it loaded

Using Tapatalk

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: milsy on June 15, 2014, 12:32:53 PM
Ok. Thanks. Vent was closed for the first hour. I leave the pucks loaded in there. Only have to move it 15' so it's easier to leave it loaded

Hi milsy;

Welcome to the forum.

Leaving your bisquettes exposed like that, even if you store the Bradley in a garage or other enclosed space, relative humidity can cause them to swell, and they may not feed right. With the new packaging, it is not as convenient to store an unopened package, but I've found the tray of bisquettes will fix in one gallon sealable bag, and the tray continues to provide protection from damage.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

milsy

Awesome. Thanks. I will do that from now on. Got some rubbed pork TL in there right now. I will post a pic after carving. Great Father's Day excuse to have a few bud lights and smoke some meat!

Using Tapatalk

milsy

Got the loins done. They turned out awesome!

Smaller in size but they really absorbed the rubs and the price was right at Zehrs!

Perfect Sunday

Using Tapatalk

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

tskeeter

Milsy, it looks like you're a fan of pork loin.  If my guess is right, you might want to check out the Canadian Bacon recipes by using the link below.  The link takes you to a site where recipes from the forum's most experienced smokers are stored.  I found the details and information in these recipes very helpful as I got started.  And they gave me more ideas than a person ought to have.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes

Saber 4

Looks like you got some good answers and your pork looks mighty tasty, I agree with tskeeter the Canadian bacon is easy and tastes amazing.

milsy

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up guys. Much appreciated!!  Saving that link as we speak!

Using Tapatalk