First try at Hard Cure Salami

Started by Gafala, June 20, 2014, 07:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gafala

Starting the Hard Cure Salami, first get the Bactoferm 600 Mould.

The mix 3grams mould to 1/2 liter distilled water.

In the cabinet to control the temp for the next 12 hours.

We will add another 1/2 liter of water in the morning, I will also be mixing and stuffing the Salami tomarrow and  starting the cure.

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

rajzer

S#*t! That is a heck of a control panel for the little Danby!  And how much salami will you be spraying that you need a .5 lt.  I usually use about 3 or 4 oz. to spray 10lbs.  And I don't wake up the culture until about an hour before the act. :D

Gafala

Well its my first so I went with the recipe, it calls for the mould to be made 12 hours before. Yes it is big control box but I get +2 deg to -2deg of control. No major mods to cabinet and it works great it was in testing stage for almost three months and no errors or deviation of programmed setup.
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

rajzer

Looking forward to seeing the progress of the salami.

Gafala

Salami mixed and stuffed into casing's. Love my push bar I have no left overs in stuffer.

Mould applied and hung in cabinet.

The program setup.

More photos later.
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"

pensrock

KyNola

waycoolcat

I am very interested in curing meat this way. I bookmarked the thread. I did some searching on the internet for cabinets. There doesn't seem to be any available to buy, it seems people make them. Is there a site you know of good for information on making a cabinet and curing?
I want to be a better carnivore!

Gafala

Well the cabinet  has worked perfectly I now have some really good looking Salami coming along, sorry about no photos of late but we were in the Hospital with a Stroke oh what fun I'm vary luckily that it was a small one and only involves my vision to a small extent. I will try to get some photos in the morning, my testing operation before starting the Salami was the best idea I had the controllers did just what they were programmed to-do.  :) :D
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"

KyNola

Tenpoint5

Glad to hear your doing OK. Your vision is all that was affected you say, Hmmm. Does that mean you wont notice if the salami is missing, here in a couple of weeks?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Gafala

Mo there not missing. HeNe Here is a photo of the two.

They are looking good can't wait 70 days is a long time but it will bw worth it.
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"

Tenpoint5

Now that is some good looking mold there. They might come up missing as we get closer to that 70 day mark!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

Hope your vision recover's quickly, that is some amazing looking mold coverage, you will need to keep that locked up for sure.

manfromplaid

hope u will be well   health first  sausage next   our prayers