Salt and pepper Pork loin!

Started by smokealittlesmoke, June 11, 2014, 08:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokealittlesmoke

Hy-vee had pork loin on sale for 1.99 lb picked up some. Had them slice the 9 lb lions into 3 lb chunks. Couldn't buy lion and not smoke one for supper. As soon as I got home, I took my loin and threw a nice dose of salt, pepper, on the out side and in the fridge it went. Ran to bomgaars for my trusty cherry bisquettes. Came home started up the bradley and set the lion on the counter to get the temp closer to room temp. After about 30 min of pre heat I couldn't wait any longer the smoke was Rollin the loin went in at 235 CT then CT fell to 170 or so it recovered to 210. I let it smoke 2 hours then it finshed around the 2.5 hour mark. I pulled it and wrapped in foil, in a towel into a cooler, to let it rest I pulled it off the smoker at 138 IT and it sat tell 145 IT.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Smokealittlesmoke

Saber 4

I love a good smoked loin and that one looks tasty.

pjplovedog

Wow, that looks fabulous.
I have a double pork tenderloin in the frig and have been wanting to try it as well, just for a quick smoked pork dinner.  YUM! 
PJP

smokealittlesmoke

Hey lovedog have you had a chance to try the pork loin? Can't beat just good old salt and pepper on there. Unless you wrap it in bacon as well.

Smokealittlesmoke

pjplovedog

Quote from: smokealittlesmoke on June 21, 2014, 12:27:11 PM
Hey lovedog have you had a chance to try the pork loin? Can't beat just good old salt and pepper on there. Unless you wrap it in bacon as well.

I haven't done it yet, I ended up freezing my pork due to business traveling.... I hope to smoke it next weekend!  I am sure it will be super yummy.  Can't wait after hotel/restaurant food for the entire week.  Yuk.