wiring diagram for Ranco ETC mod

Started by stuper01, June 30, 2014, 09:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stuper01

I have been searching for the wiring diagram for the ETC mod to my smoker, but the links seem to be dead at this point.

can anyone post the instructions here?

TedEbear

It appears to be a problem on their end:

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Habanero Smoker

When I purchased mine, there wasn't a wiring diagram. I was able to locate a diagram through a google search. Since I had such a difficult time finding a wiring diagram, I decided to post the diagram on the recipe site.

I hope this is what you are looking for.
Ranco ETC 111000-000 - 120V Wiring Guide

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

stuper01

interestingly, it shows you ho to wire the controller.... but not where to wire it into.

I am assuming you are just breaking the power to the element, not the puck burner..... correct???  (so the controller would go between the cable from the side box to the back of the main compartment??)

Habanero Smoker

I bought my Ranco to control my dry cure cabinet, so I didn't include the directions to hook it to the Bradley.

Your statement is correct. You plug the back of the main compartment (cabinet or oven) into the Ranco, and the Ranco gets plugged into the wall socket. That way it is controlling the element, and not interfering with generator while it is trying to feed a bisquette.

I forgot to mention you will need to replace that jumper cord that goes from the cabinet to the generator with a desktop computer power cord, so that cord  can be plugged into the Ranco.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)