A-1 Kielbasa and Greek Sausage for MWSO

Started by Saber 4, July 07, 2014, 06:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

Spent part of the weekend making sausage, I had to make 2 ten pound batches of Greek sausage for my friend's restaurant so I went ahead and made a batch for the smokeout and I went into experimental mode and made a batch of Kielbasa from Kuta's book but I added a cup of A-1 steak sauce to the mix. Growing up Dad always poured A-1 on the store bought sausage before it came off the grill and it was a flavor I always liked so I wanted to try putting it in the sausage. It turned out real good, it'll be interesting to see what people think about it at the smokeout.

Cooked up a patty and a link for lunch on Sunday with some Stauffer's mac and cheese.

All bagged up and into the freezer till Iowa.

Here's the two batches of Loukaniko for my friend Manny before I twisted the links and bagged, I'd share the recipe but I had to promise to keep it to myself because it's his family recipe.

ragweed

Looks good, Robert.  Can't wait to try it.  I'm planning to make a batch of "Poultry", tomato, basil, garlic, etc. to bring again.

Saber 4

Quote from: ragweed on July 08, 2014, 07:10:25 PM
Looks good, Robert.  Can't wait to try it.  I'm planning to make a batch of "Poultry", tomato, basil, garlic, etc. to bring again.

Sounds good, it will be good to catch up with friends again this year.

pjplovedog

Wow, that looks wonderful. 
Too bad I am not in the MW, I wanna taste that stuff!
:)

PJP

Saber 4

Quote from: pjplovedog on July 08, 2014, 07:40:31 PM
Wow, that looks wonderful. 
Too bad I am not in the MW, I wanna taste that stuff!
:)

PJP

I guess you just have two choices, make the long trip to Iowa or make a batch of your favorite Kielbasa recipe and add a cup of A-1 to it and proceed to the grill. ;) Seriously it can't be that much farther from your neck of the woods to Iowa than it is for us to come up from Texas, you'd have a fun time for sure.

pensrock

Looks great Robert. Yea I drove over 13 hrs. from Pa last year and others even drove farther. If you never been to a smokeout its worth the trip. :)

Smoker John

Wow that looks really good, nice job on the sausage. Did you just make it fresh or did you add any cure?
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Saber 4

Quote from: Smoker John on July 09, 2014, 06:38:04 AM
Wow that looks really good, nice job on the sausage. Did you just make it fresh or did you add any cure?

I just made this batch fresh so I could see how the flavors were, next time I'll reduce the salt and add cure and smoke it with pecan.

seemore

Robert they look good never put A-1 in any sausage have to try that
Scott

Saber 4

Quote from: seemore on July 10, 2014, 04:47:05 PM
Robert they look good never put A-1 in any sausage have to try that
Scott

I'll have it at the smoke out so you can give it a try there and tell me what you think about it. :)

seemore

Thank you sir I would love to see you then
Scott

cobra6223

Nothing like old and new friends and new things to try at the smoke out!! looks good Robert see you there. Tim

Saber 4

Quote from: seemore on July 11, 2014, 05:11:18 PM
Thank you sir I would love to see you then
Scott

Quote from: cobra6223 on July 11, 2014, 07:16:30 PM
Nothing like old and new friends and new things to try at the smoke out!! looks good Robert see you there. Tim

Looking forward to seeing everyone there also.

delta_26

Those are some nice looking sausage ropes. Let us know how it goes!

Tenpoint5

These where mighty tasty! I was able to enjoy one of them at the MWSO
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!