Ragweeds GB Jerky Rounds

Started by Saber 4, July 08, 2014, 05:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

Made a batch of Joe's jerky rounds this weekend and got them through the dehydrator yesterday. I used 5 pounds of 90/10 GB, Smoking Gun jerky marinade, cure 1, and chipotle mustard fusion sauce to give it a kick then into the fridge overnight. Stuffed them into 2 1/2" casings then into the freezer to make them easier to slice, it was my first chance to try my slicer on the GB jerky and it worked good, they were the most consistent slices I've had yet and it was quick enough that the slices were easy to peel and set on the racks before they thawed and got messy.

The finished product.

Tenpoint5

I need to make some of these. Now that I have a dehydrator that can take care of it
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 08, 2014, 08:36:29 PM
I need to make some of these. Now that I have a dehydrator that can take care of it

They are oh so good!!!

pensrock

I love the jerky rounds and have added some chipotle peppers to the Smoking Gun sauce for a little heat. Good stuff. :)

ragweed

Wow those look good, Robert!  Now I don't have to make a batch for the SO!

Saber 4

Quote from: ragweed on July 10, 2014, 06:12:50 PM
Wow those look good, Robert!  Now I don't have to make a batch for the SO!

I wouldn't bet on that Joe, this batch is almost gone already, I think it's more addictive than drugs and a whole lot tastier.