First time smoking pork....Trouble...and trying to fix my mistakes...

Started by Rooftop777, July 10, 2014, 04:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedEbear

Quote from: Rooftop777 on July 10, 2014, 08:47:46 PM
hmmm, have to figure out how to attach pics.....

Upload them to a free host site, such as Photobucket.  Next to each uploaded pic is an "IMG" box.  Click on that and the contents will automatically be pasted onto your clipboard.  Paste that into a message on here and that's it.   :)

You can click on the "Preview" button to see that it worked before posting the message if you want.

Rooftop777

maybe this will work better, this pulled pork in vacuum bag:

Rooftop777

This was pork, taken out of smoker, then foiled in oven for 2 hours until 170F....kids come over and we ate some since could not wait any longer.....
then put it back in oven to tenderize more after we had ate....I know, likely a mistake but they wanted to try some...The dark bark was so good and amazing !!!
All turned out ok, for my first time. Gonna do 2 more 10 lb pork butts within next few weeks...

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Rooftop777

thank you,
Wow, my test at cottage
thawed 2.5 lbs and put in crock pot with 1/2 cup apple juice. Too much apple juice I think since lost the smoke flavor a bit...
It fed the 3 of us at cottage for 2 days for 3 different meals warmed up.
It was a hit !
Smoked turkey next.I'll start another Subject since may need help........

Quarlow

Oh god, You're gonna love a smoked turkey. My last 2 I smoked for 2 hrs and then finished in the BE. Wowsers awesome.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.