PORK CHOPS

Started by slowpoke, July 11, 2014, 04:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowpoke

Thought I might try smoked pork chops for a change.1hr. of Maple,1/2 bag of ice and 4 chops.Smoked them and put them to bed for the night.Fried them up next day with sour kraut ,brown sugar and tomato juice.WOW
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

Saber 4

markc57

Did some pork chops couple weeks ago. Brined 'em in water, salt, sugar and a splash of apple cider for 4 hours. Rinsed off and rubbed with Dry rub of salt, pepper, paprika, chili pwd, sugar, garlic, pinch of cayenne pepper. Apple cider and water in the catch pan, smoked with cherry biscuits for 90 minutes at 215. Mopped with apple cider/maple syrup blend and smoked about 2more hours.  Served 'em with some coarse-cut kraut, applesauce, fresh asparagus...  There wern't any leftovers, that's for sure!

slowpoke

That's great,Markc57 but today was time for just a light smoke as my wife was going to have one to try and she's not a heavy smoker.lol

markc57

Tell me, what do you do with the ice? Besides in a glas with gin and tonic?

KyNola

Given that he cooked the pork chops the next day after smoking them I would guess he cold smoked the chops and used the ice in the tower to hold the heat down.

slowpoke

Yep,As the smoke comes up through the drip catcher it passes around the ice and the smoke is cooled down.And yes I keep some ice aside for me Rum.