a Witch made me do it

Started by beefmann, July 12, 2014, 12:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

get a new toy that is.. an  10 1/2 quart soup warmer ..  quite a  nice lil unit though i cant  wait to try it out, and it is 450 watts  and up yo 170 f

yes the insert is  stainless and the warming  interior shroud is aluminium, heater is  wrapped around the interior shroud, heat sensor is on the  bottom agenest the  shroud and a  dial for the temperature. i am planing it give it a  run just to see how it  works and go from there...   

WoodlawnSmoker

That looks awesome.  Boy, it sure holds a lot of soup, do you think it would work on something like chili to keep warm for tailgating?

OldHickory

Another neat looking toy.  I am sure you could warm up some pulled pork in it own juices in that nice toy.  Beans, chili, stews, lots of good possibilities.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

beefmann

it is my  plan to use it for clam chowder,  chili, pulled pork, stews, soups. and what  ever comes to  mind... it seems  quite well built  a have to get  use to  using it,, there is a  minor lil  problem that i have to  get use to is the lid latch that holds the  lid on the top so it wont fall off,, at this point im not  sure if it is a good thing or gonna  be a  pain in the rear.

Tenpoint5

Temp controlled by dial could work for water bathing small batch sausage
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

iceman

Sweet! Like 10.5 said, it would be perfect for small batches of sausage. Nice score  :)