New to using smokers

Started by toad2002, July 13, 2014, 06:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toad2002

I just purchased a Bradley smoker and cold smoker attachment. Are there any tips or help I can use??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyNola

Welcome to the Forum.  The best suggestion I can give you is to use the Forum for research.  As you see, there are sections of the Forum devoted to specific broad topics.  Determine which section most aptly defines your question and look there.

We are happy to help you but your question is much too broad to give you an adequate answer.  Maybe if you provide us some more information we can better assist you.  What model of Bradley do you have?  What types of food do you plan on smoking?  Where are you located?  Do you have any specific issues you need help with? 

TedEbear

Hi and welcome aboard.  There are many tips and tricks, depending on what you are smoking and what type of Bradley you have.  One of the most important ones is to keep the top vent open, at least halfway, all the time.  Some people keep theirs fully open no matter what.

Here are some links to a few additional tips and tricks.  If you have any specific questions just ask.  People around here are always glad to help.   :)

Bradley Smoker FAQ's

Bradley Smoker User Information

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, the others have pointed you in the right direction.

toad2002

I have the Bradley BS611 and cold smoker adaptor. Plan on smoking meets and cheeses

toad2002

Located in indiana

markc57

"meats and cheeses" doesn't narrow the field much!  :-)  are you thinking to start with brisket, ribs, chops, ham, bacon, steaks, butt, shoulder....  And have you done any smoking before?

toad2002

Thinking of starting with pork loin. No I have not done any smoking before

TedEbear

Quote from: toad2002 on July 13, 2014, 08:56:02 PM
Thinking of starting with pork loin.

There are a couple of recipes for smoking pork loin in the recipe link I posted earlier.  Look in the Pork section.

beefmann

welcome aboard,

some tips here,

1) keep the top vent  wide open, keep the top vent wide open,  keep the top vent wide  open
2) purchase a  remote thermometer like the maverick et 732 duel probe
3) remember that smoking is low and  slow with a  smoker it  takes  time.. with a  5 lb pork loin could easily take 3 to 5 hours to achieve desired doneness  and on other  cuts of meat could take 20 + hours,,,  dont  sweat the  long  cooks.

4) have a  beer and relax as yo  smoke.

above all ask questions as we all were  new once and we are here to guiide you along,   

Rooftop777

Welcome !
Lots of experience people here, you will enjoy it.