hi new smoker here from NJ

Started by ricci, July 18, 2006, 10:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricci

hello all...im totaly new on this smoke stuff..no one really smokes up north i guess..we grill but no one i know smokes.anyway how much food can it hold? can you cook multiple types of food at one time? does everything take hours to cook?

thanks Ricci going for the 6 racker

SmokinNY

Hi Ricci,

I have to agree with you, smoking in the tri-state area seems to be rare indeed, as evident by the inability to find good lump or wood chunks in the local stores.

As for your questions, i'll let the vets answer them, i'm still waiting to order mine.

Good luck, and remember while smoking is good eats, most of all its relaxing.  Take your time and enjoy the learning experience.  Start off slow, maybe some butts (a very forgiving piece of meat) and work your way to ribs, brisket, etc.. It took me two years to make ribs good enough to serve my family, but I enjoyed every failure (so did the pup by the way) and learned lots in the process.

Norm

67corvette

I too am NJ and want to start to smoke. I am an avid griller and have tried to "smoke" with my gas grills but no luck. It looks like this is the easiest method.

IKnowWood

Hey all.   We are just south of you in Eastern Shore of Maryland, near Deleware. 

We are smoking lots.  There are pockets.

We are using the original Bradley lots and there are good numbers close to us.

We have easiy access via True Value and Bass Pro for smoking supplies.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Bassman

....And I am just west of you in SE PA.
Jack