Newbie from Canada

Started by punky hunky, July 17, 2014, 07:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

punky hunky

Hi

Just picked up a Bradley original smoker. Looking forward to reading and learning as much as I can about my new toy. :) I've used a Weber Kettle but liked the control I can get with the Bradley.

TedEbear

Welcome aboard from St. Louis.  Here are a few links to get you started:

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET733

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

Any plans for your first smoke?  Pork butts (I think the new name is Boston roast) are easy and forgiving, although they can take a long time to cook.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

punky hunky

Thanks for the links. I'm excited to test this baby out. I think Butts and ribs is what I'm going to try first. I''m very interested in the 900w mod but am handyman challenged. Will post results of my first try. :)

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, others love the 900w upgrade however I would suggest you get used to it in stock mode before you think about doing any upgrades, you may find that boiling water in the water bowl or other simple tips will get you the results that you are looking for and it doesn't void your warranty. After the warranty is up go for it if you need it. Have fun with it and post some pics of your smokes.

punky hunky

Anyone know where I can get bubba pucks from in Canada? Yard and pool is sold out of them.

Jim O

Welcome from Wasaga Beach. You can try Worlds Biggest BBQ Store" on Langstaff Ave in Vaughan On.

Good Luck !
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

tskeeter

Punky, since you're in kind of a crunch, you might try what one forum member did.  He compressed and shaped some crumpled aluminum foil into the size and shape of a bisquette.  Made himself a set of bubba pucks.  He reported that they worked just fine.

May not be a long term solution, but should work for a while.

Another forum member reported that he had a muffle shop cut a set of bubba pucks from some exhaust pipe that was the same outside diameter as a bisquette.  Just grind off the burrs, and you should be set for life.

Quarlow

Welcome to the forum. Any questions just ask.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

manfromplaid

you can order them online from A-MAZE-N products   www.amazenproducts.com  and gets some Q-mats at the same time

beefmann

NorthShoreMN

Welcome from N E Minnesota
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Smoker John

I was able to get the pucks from e-bay
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

manfromplaid

you might still look at getting Q-mats or frog mats. they make cleanup a snap.

BC Smoker

Careful smoking can and will be addictive ....
Have a hoot !
Hello and welcome from Beautiful British Columbia !!