Smoke'n while camping

Started by BC Smoker, July 21, 2014, 01:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BC Smoker

Going camping soon and I'm thinking bout smoke'n some butt. Got me a battery operated rotis,
Habatchi, two bags of Kingsford, a perforated s/s would chip holder and big cardboard box ( to help keep some smoke in ?)  a bottle of vodka and a whole lot "o" time . It seems to work out well in my head - for real, well we'll find out ? Any other ideas

renoman

tailfeathers

I knew there had to some advantage to living on the Great Plains. Never have to worry about bears, that's for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

BC Smoker

Ya ya, funny enough the thought had crossed my mind, but it's not so deep woods camping, more or less local over populated type "glamping", now having said all that, with my luck .....   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tailfeathers

What the heck, still beats working, right? If you have electrical hookups why not just bring the Bradley along and use it?

tskeeter

Quote from: tailfeathers on July 21, 2014, 06:12:48 AM
I knew there had to some advantage to living on the Great Plains. Never have to worry about bears, that's for sure!

TF, all you got to worry about is the neighbors!  From the next two counties down wind.

tailfeathers

That's on a nice calm day. When it's windy it's more like two STATES downwind.

BC Smoker

Ahh yes, I can see the headlines now .... Camper ousted from provincial campground due to rioting crowd of hungry campers. Ha ha ho ho he he    O_o

iceman

Sounds like fun BC. Just got back from the river myself and had a blast. Cold smoked a few rib eyes on the Bradley Propane then finished off over the camp fire. GOOD EATS  ;D
Battery rotorizer sounds like a good idea.

BC Smoker

Hey iceman, more about the battery operated rotisserator. Again, we went camping, I mean glamping last summer and it was buddy's wife's birthday, what could be better than rotisserated prime rib with all the fix'ns ? Well to my surprise he fired up his generator to power his " ronco " oven  ( 2 hours of noise ) nice to have the power, dinner / company was outstanding ! I went home to think of a quieter way. I googled battery operated rotis -" cowboy campfire rotis" came up, US$50 later, delivered and did a test run in our backyard. I was pleasantly surprised and looking forward to using it camping with the same couple very soon !

Quarlow

Hey BC where are you going to camp?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

BC Smoker

Usually on Galiano island but this year golden ears

Quarlow

Cool. I have never camped on the islands but when we were kids my dad built a 36 foot cabin cruiser and we cruised the gulf islands on weekends. We would spend a month in the summers also cruising around here and there. We did tent on Cabbage island once but I woke up and my brothers and sister had got scared in the night so they got in the dinghy and rowed back to the boat leaving me there by myself. Thanks eh. Love Montague harbor and the Indian caves, excuse me The Native Canadian caves. LOL must be PC. And desolation sound was always awesome. There is a bay there that a creek from a lake, I think it is called Iona lake and the water in the lake is around 75 degrees. The water flows into the bay and it is about 65 degrees. Makes for great swimming either in the fresh or the salt.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

iceman

Thanks for the info BC. After another weekend on the river we decided that is a must have gadget. Off to Amazon I go!  ;D

BC Smoker

Just arrived back from camping not too long ago. Well, let me start off with my cardboard box, camp site made smoker, it worked,chimney and all !!!!! I was a little too generous with the Kingsford charcoal, the pork butt cooked a little too fast but still was ausome !!! Ha ha. We applied our lessons learned from the butt and used our battery operated rotis to cook the perfect prime rib, it too was awesome, maybe even better than that!!!!! So all in all I would say the disposable smoker box was a success! As for the battery operated rotis, I was pleasently surprised with its performance !!!!