It's corn on the cob season!

Started by WoodlawnSmoker, July 26, 2014, 06:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodlawnSmoker

I love fresh corn on the cob, I tend to gorge during our short growing season.  The first of the early crop showed up this week being sold on the side of the road.  Small cobs this early but oh so sweet.

My first time smoking some and I'll be doing some every weekend now until winter, great way to enjoy it.  I used a Jeff Phillips recipe, very simple, just basting them every half hour until done.  Fantastic, I love summer!

cathouse willy

AAh fresh local sweet corn, nothing like it. In the microwave, or on the grill.Yours looks mighty good...share the recipe please?

seb bot

yes please recipe! ;D

looks great, the local corn will be in soon here too. I don't usually eat too too much of it, but it's a nice treat a few times a year!
We usually just boil it, but maybe this year I will give it a go in the smoker or on the grill.

Gafala

I wrap mine in foil add butter, salt and pepper and smoke them on my BBQ Smoker for a 1/2 hour with hickory they come out great.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

WoodlawnSmoker

Very simple recipe.  Took the loose outer husks off the stalks, pulled down the rest of the husks and soaked in cold water for a couple of hours.  Patted them dry, then brushed a mixture of EVOO, salt and pepper over the kernels and then pulled the husks back over the cobs.

Smoked/cooked at 220 F in the Bradley, I used cherry wood.  Every 30 minutes pull back the husks and brush with a mixture of butter and chopped fresh chives.  It took about 1 1/2 hours.

This was very tasty, I'm doing some more today.

cathouse willy

A friend showed me this recipe,he calls it Chicago corn

Remove the husks and brush the cobs with olive oil.grill them till they start to get nicely browned.remove from the grill and roll the cobs in mayonnaise till well coated. Dust with chilli powder and serve.Don't let the mayo put you off,it melts like butter and adds a nice flavor.