Has anyone used Mojobricks in the Bradley?

Started by Andersen, July 27, 2014, 11:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andersen

Looking to increase the smoke flavor. Has any used mojobricks with any success in a Bradley and how were they best used I.e. beginning of the smoke or towards the end?
OBS
ECB
KCBS CBJ

Quarlow

Just wondering why you aren't getting enough smoke from your Bradley as it is? Are you keeping the vent open? Have you tried to smoke for longer time? Are you opening the door to often? I grew up on a UPS (ugly plywood smoker) which laid down a pile of smoke along with an acrid taste which you won't get in the Bradley. You just get nice clean smoke so maybe you are not use to this. If you want more smoke flavor just smoke it longer.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tenpoint5

I believe that NEPAS has used them before with not so good results if I remember right.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 31, 2014, 06:49:29 PM
I believe that NEPAS has used them before with not so good results if I remember right.

Mojo bricks are pretty dense and the puck burner has a hard time with them. I found they only burn on the side contacting the burner, they did not burn all the way thru.

Andersen

Thanks for the feedback. I'll scratch that idea.
OBS
ECB
KCBS CBJ

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.