Pellets in a Bradley Smoker

Started by elk_smoker, July 30, 2014, 09:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elk_smoker

I have a question for the forum: Has anyone tried using pellets in their Bradley and if so, how well did it work?

Pucks seem to be in short supply these days and the vendors that do have them either do not have the flavors I am seeking in stock, or the price is too high for the quantity they are selling (IMHO).

I thought of using pellets in a aluminum foil "cup" sitting on the heating element. Granted, this isn't as convenient as using the puck feeder, but I thought it may provide a temporary work-around until puck supplies are back to normal.

Thanks to all who can provide some insights.  :)

manfromplaid

i have not used this method (yet) but some use a-maze-n tubes or boxes with good success. www.amazenproducts.com

TedEbear

I switched over to an A-MAZE-N pellet tube when pucks were in short supply. I have the 12" tube. One $20 ($15 on sale sometimes) bag of pellets easily lasts me a year or more.  It works pretty well.

tailfeathers

I use one of a-maze-n's tubes also and it works fine. I still use pucks as well, but find myself using the tube more often than not. I buy pellets in 5 lb bags which just fills a gallon ice cream bucket. I have buckets with apple, cherry, alder, pecan, mesquite, hickory and maple. A tube will pay for itself in short order when you consider that you get close to. an hour of smoke per cupful of pellets. I have the 12" tube and think I'll be ordering a 6" as well.
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!