How to keep the flies away

Started by Shasta bob, August 02, 2014, 02:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasta bob

when I use my original Bradley it almost always seems to draw a lot of flies when I'm smoking  >:( . has any else have this problem? do anybody have any suggestions to keep them at bay? 
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

TMB

Hard to keep flies away from something that smells so good ;)'

I have found a trap that Lowes sales and it works very well.  It's a plastic bag that you add water to and hang it from a tree or post 
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Cobra7

It's a problem here in Arkansas too.

Salmonsmoker

Hang up a zip lock bag filled with H2O and put a couple of shiny pennies in it.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Cobra7

I put up a fly trap bag 5 days ago and I kid you not there are 500 dead flies in it. They carry them at wal-mart and hardware stores

Shasta bob

Quote from: Cobra7 on September 01, 2014, 02:29:57 PM
I put up a fly trap bag 5 days ago and I kid you not there are 500 dead flies in it. They carry them at wal-mart and hardware stores
[/quote

please tell me more about this fly trap name? thanks in advance. Shasta Bob.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Cobra7

Here are a couple of pictures. It's hart to see but there is 3 inches of dead flies floating on top. Nope this helps.    

Shasta bob

2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Cobra7

Put it away from house and downwind from where you cook. It smells horrible !!!!!!! Let me know how it works for you.

Quarlow

putting aside the fact that it seems to work, GROSS. I hate flies. We just battled fruit flies here and I won. I just took a food container like you get from the deli and poked one small hole in it. Then put an inch of cider vinegar in and set near where they are most. For me in was by the sink and by the banana hanger. Within a couple of days, mostly gone.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ragweed

Quote from: Cobra7 on September 03, 2014, 08:15:21 AM
Put it away from house and downwind from where you cook. It smells horrible !!!!!!! Let me know how it works for you.

Thank for that.  I just bought one and was going to put it in the garage, near the door into the house.  It's going outside now.

Cobra7

Cobra7

This thing is loaded today. I guess there attracted to the dead flies too !!!