Pork loin roast temp and int. temp?

Started by Scameron7, August 03, 2014, 03:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scameron7

I bought a 6lbs pork loin roast at Costco and I am going to rub it with Jan's rub, so I am looking for some advice on times and temp, when I did my shoulder it was on for about 8hrs and it was 190it temp when I took it off and that was just over 5lbs.

Habanero Smoker

If you cook at 225°F, your loin should reach 140°F in about 3 - 4 hours. If you want to take it higher, say to 145°F, give yourself another 30 - 45 minutes or so.  Prior to cooking, if you tie them to make the width more evenly rounded, the loin will cook more evenly.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Scameron7

Thanks for the info, it's all rubbed down and in the fridge,the roast was already tied so I think I am good to go!!

Scameron7

The roast turned out great was a big hit! Now I am just trying to figure out something else to do this weekend.

Habanero Smoker

I'm glad to hear it worked out well. What temperature did you cook it at, what was your total cooking time, and what was your final internal temperature?

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Saber 4

Looks beautiful, anything else you try will turn out equally well I would bet. :)

Scameron7

I cooked it at 225f for around 4hrs,I removed it at 155it my wife was a little nervous about taking it off at 145f because we were cooking for other people, but we said we would take it off at 145 the next time. I also tented it in the oven off  for about 30min. I went to the to the butcher today and picked up an 8lbs brisket so any suggestions on time and temp would be greatly appreciated.

Scameron7

Habanero Smoker

I'm not much of a brisket person, but the below link has a few recipes:

Brisket Recipes

I
         don't
                   inhale.