Smoked atlantic salmon

Started by Scameron7, August 08, 2014, 07:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scameron7

I smoked an atlantic salmon fillet tonight with a side of Nova Scotia mussels and it was fantastic, I used the bradley sesame ginger wasabi recipe,and I am not a fan of salmon but now I am!

waycoolcat

That recipe sounds and looks very good, especially the finished plate. What are the stick like supports under the salmon on the rack? It almost looks like cinnamon sticks.
I want to be a better carnivore!

Jim O

Looks great ! Would like to try this recipe,but can't find it. Care to share ?
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

WoodlawnSmoker

Looks very good!  I have to stop reading this forum when I'm hungry.  I haven't tried to smoke salmon yet, but that's it, off to get some...

cathouse willy

That looks sooo good,We're expecting a large Fraser river sockeye run in the next few days. I'm going to try this one.A question about the cinnamon sticks, do they flavor the fish? That many cinnamon sticks will cost more than the fish. Here's the link to the Bradley recipe site.
http://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/recipe/smoked-sesame-ginger-wasabi-salmon/

Scameron7

It is cinnamon sticks under the salmon and it doesn't overpower the fish, skin is left on fillet so I think that's what helps with that,bought my sticks at Walmart $2 a pack cheep. We also put the sauce on the table to have with the fish it was awesome!