Duck Decoy Project

Started by ragweed, August 17, 2014, 07:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Great looking Lab. I grew up with a lab dad got for hunting as a pup. He trained him a turned him into a retriever.
The first time he took him out hunting the guys he was with, who were not dog hunters were skeptical.
The first bird came and bang, dad knocked it down, he sent Ebb out to get it and all went well.
Next duck comes in and bang dads best buddy knocks it down and out goes Ebb to bring it back. These other hunters decided this was great, no more running to get the ducks. A flock of birds come in and they just keep coming and these clowns opened up like terrorists in a circus shooting gallery which for a young dog on its first hunt was overwhelming. The dog got so scared from all the shooting that he was trying to crawl under my dad who could not get them to stop. Dad felt real bad so he took Ebb out and put him in the car for the rest of the morning. And that was the end of his career as a hunting dog. From then on a backfire or thunder and he was under a bed or coffee table or couch. Completely gun shy. Lived to be 17 though and what a pal. Besides my buddy Ebb was my best friend.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Quarlow

You know I am thinking there could be a market for something like this. I need a cnc router.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Cobra7

Very touching brother. From one duck hunter to another.