Started by Tenpoint5, August 27, 2014, 07:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

A little something different.

1/2 cup Brown Sugar and 1 package of Italian dressing seasoning

Some Chicken Breasticles and a package of bacon

Cut breasticles in half

Dredge in sugar mixture

Wrap in Bacon. (Next time I make these I will be sprinkling some crushed Pecans on the breasticle before wrapping in Bacon)

Smoke at 225 degrees until IT of 165 degrees is obtained

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

tailfeathers

Did you have a chicken epiphany or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

RedJada

Sounds and looks great 10.5. But I see store bought bacon there in the photo. Time to turn in your smoker..... LOL ;D

cobra6223

Man they look good and like a good project for the 2 rack and man I love the love the way your science projects turn out .

Tenpoint5

Tailfeathers
Just because I can't stand Chicken doesn't mean I don't make it for my family! There's also health issues that are forcing me to change what I can and can't eat.

RedJada
I don't use my good bacon for wrapping around other things. Besides I cut it thick and it doesn't wrap all that well anyhow

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

tailfeathers

I was just curious 'cuz I knew you weren't a fan of the yardbird. Although I can't imagine why because it looks to me like you've got it mastered pretty well! I like chicken but I'm a thigh fan myself. SWMBO likes white meat, so I think some breasts and boneless skinless thighs will be seeing this recipe tried, it looks tremendous.

tailfeathers

I know to go by IT not time, but can you say about how long it took for them to reach 165?

Tenpoint5

tailfeathers

Thanks!

seb bot

Thanks for sharing, those look great!

How long did you apply smoke; the whole cook or just a bit?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: seb bot on August 29, 2014, 06:03:46 PM
Thanks for sharing, those look great!

How long did you apply smoke; the whole cook or just a bit?

1 hour 40 minutes of smoke

seb bot

beefmann

looks great,,,  might be a good idea for an appetizer

markkjacobs

You inspired me with this...only 1 minor modification, added a little cayenne to the mix...

round here, was...

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner :)

Thanks for the recipe brother!
I am hooked just like the rest of you!

seb bot

Forgot to mention, I did give this a try a while back, and was pleased with the result! :)

Next time I think I will use a different spice mix as it turned out a little sweet for me, but nonetheless it was a tasty meal!