New Bradley Smoker

Started by macfan, July 09, 2006, 07:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macfan

Hello,

I just unwrapped my new Bradley digital this weekend (formerly used a Weber Bullet).  Have a few questions.  How tight should the smoker box fit to the unit? And should the biscuit tube be straight or at an angle (mine connects at an angle).  Looking forward to seasoning it tomorrow.  Thanks!

Habanero Smoker

Welcome to the forum.

The generator (smoking box) should be hung on the two studs that are on the side of the cabinet. As long as it is properly on those two studs, it's on properly. The generator will be flush with the cabinet, but not a tight seal. It doesn't have to be tight, the air and heat, will draw the smoke into the cabinet, as long as you have draft properly adjusted.

The bisquette tube needs to be straight. If the problem is not due to the generator being built improperly, then you have not inserted the tub properly. Some force it needed to get the tube to set properly, but not too much force. The tube fits tightly into it's fitting, some you may have to slightly rock the tube from side to side slightly as you push down, making sure it is fully inserted.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

Nothing to add to what HS said other than to say welcome to the forum macfan...... let us know how you get on with your new DBS.
Manxman

Oldman

Quote from: manxman on July 10, 2006, 05:00:53 AM
Nothing to add to what HS said other than to say welcome to the forum macfan...... let us know how you get on with your new DBS.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

projump

I'v got a new digital Bradley. The smoker box fit loose when mounted on the studs. I took the screw out of each of the studs and removed the lock washer and it fits more snug now and looks better. Hope this helps. Craig
When there are visible vapors in ignited carbonaceous material, there you will find parts of an omnivorous ungulate from the suidae family of mammals.