Water disposal

Started by basic, September 01, 2014, 05:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basic

What does everyone do with the water in the water tray after a long smoke?

I do quite a few pork shoulders and I end up with a mix of water and fat that I can't put down the sink.

Saber 4

I live out in the country so I just dump it along the fence line, probably something you can't do in the city, you might try putting in the fridge for a bit and skimming the cold fat off.

tailfeathers

Quote from: Saber 4 on September 01, 2014, 06:06:47 PM
I live out in the country so I just dump it along the fence line, probably something you can't do in the city, you might try putting in the fridge for a bit and skimming the cold fat off.
Thats what I do. Then I put the grease in an empty coffee can and keep it in the freezer. When it gets full I tape it so the lid can't come off and put it out in the garbage on trash pickup day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

NePaSmoKer

Put a few scoops of clumping cat litter in a coffee can, pour water in, repeat until can is full, toss in garbage

easy peasy

Old Dog

Hi Basic, I work at a water pollution control plant ( sewage treatment ) and live out in the sticks,and have a septic system. Grease disposal is a problem at home as well as at work ,you could try and chill the liquid and scoop the floating grease off the surface, and put it into a disposable plastic container and put it into the trash. The residual liquid goes into the compost. Or If your area has a landfill, could you take all the warm water, pour it into a 5 gallon sealable pail and when the pail is full take it to the dump or transfer stn? You could call the County waste management for direction. Good question. Looking fwd to what others have to say.
If a man said he'll fix it, he will. There is no need to remind him every 6 months about it.

KyNola

I live in a city and mine gets poured out into the yard away from the house.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on September 02, 2014, 09:07:50 PM
I live in a city and mine gets poured out into the yard away from the house.

X2
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

Because there are wood chips in the water I don't like to pour it down the drain. So I pour it into a large tin can and refrigerate it then scoop out the fat and pour the woody water into my neighbors garden(with his permission) and the fat goes in the garbage. My spent bisquettes also go into the garden as compost which is good for the garden.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Old Dog

In much of Ontario and rural USA, there is a resurgence of Black Bears and Fishers, we are getting public service notices about living with these new Neighbors. One funny one is titled -DONT INVITE BEARS TO YOUR BBQ- Be bear wise , thoroughly clean your bbq.
Wouldnt want one of those 400 lb. critters tearing up my first Bradley smoker! This is why I dispose of all bbq waste and now my smoker waste , off site ( except the water in the bisquitte bowl) and I may rethink that! The stakes are getting pretty high up here.

Wonder what smoked bear is like, ? 
If a man said he'll fix it, he will. There is no need to remind him every 6 months about it.