6 Rack Digital Smoker help

Started by Snake1984, September 02, 2014, 07:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake1984

Hello

I have a 6 Rack digital Smoker That i purchased about 6 years ago from Cabelas in Wheeling West Virginia. Up until this past march the machine worked great.
I came across a good deal on a propane smoker so the bradley has been sitting in the garage since. I would like to get it fixed. Here is what the machine is doing.

When i plug in the Smoke Generator it turns on then off. Then when I turn on the smoke and the oven everything lights up. The temp says 280 degrees and the smoke time is 4 hours. None of the other buttons work. I cannot forward the pucks (however it advances when i turn the smoke on), change temp, smoke time or cooking time. The machine was giving off the E1 code so i cleaned the unit and the code went away. Does this sound like a faulty circuit board or ? The buttons will not beep either when pushed. I plan on calling bradley to see what they recommend. I hate to spend the $150 for a replacement smoke generator when i don't think the whole unit is bad.   Any ideas?

Thanks

Jake

Habanero Smoker

Hi Snake1984;

Welcome to the forum.

After troubleshooting, and you still have the same problems, you can either replace the circuit board by purchasing one from Bradley, or you can purchase a new generator from Bradley or Yard & Pool

Below is a link to some helpful trouble shooting tips:
Bradley FAQ's

This one probably relates more to your problem:
Digital Generator Not Working

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

I have removed my reply as it contained erroneous information.  Seems you can purchase a digital smoke generator after all.

My apologies to all concerned.