Help with ribs

Started by elevernier, September 06, 2014, 04:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elevernier

So tomorrow I am having some friends over for the bears game.
I have never done ribs before so I want to give it a shot.
Hoping someone could tell me how to do them so I don't screw up 3 racks of ribs!
I also want to do something else with the ribs. Thinking a few whole chickens, would that work? What do you suggest?

elevernier

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=10182.0
Nevermind I found this.

I am still wondering if you can suggest anything else I can do in the smoker while my ribs are cooking?

waycoolcat

Try ABT's. Traditionally they're made with jalapeƱos, but I sometimes make them with small sweet peppers for company that doesn't like the heat. If you use jalapeƱos it helps to wear gloves while completing the prep work.
I want to be a better carnivore!

beefmann

the  way i do my  ribs is season them  with your  favourite rub, hen  set in  fridge over night .. then in the   morning  smoke then  at  225 f  for 3  hours,,  remove  from  smoker and  wrap in  foil with   some  apple juice or  beer  seal tight  and back  in the  smoker at  225 for another  3 to  4 hours,,,  checking at  3 hours  to  see if there ready,,  if not back in  smoker

Habanero Smoker

What type of ribs are you smoking/cooking. Those instructions are for spare ribs and/or St. Louis cut ribs. If you are cooking baby backs (aka back ribs); you may want to cut done on those times.

You may be better off with chicken parts, such as thighs or better yet drumsticks. They will cook faster then a whole chicken. Just keep in mind the larger the load, the longer it will be for you smoker to get up to your set temperature, and that will increase the cooking times. Also chicken with skin will create a lot of moisture inside you smoker. So if you have both ribs and chicken keep your vent at least 3/4 open.

The mini sweet peppers work very well, as a substitute for jalapenos. Another suggestion is to start wings in the smoker, then finish them over a grill or in the kitchen oven to crisp up the skin.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)