Getting Sauced

Started by GusRobin, September 13, 2014, 09:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Ran out of pasta sauce so I thought I would make some marinara (or at least my version of marinara.)

First, the players

Put the tomatoes, onions, garlic, roasted peppers in a pan, added salt and pepper, sprinkled with olive oil and in the oven to roast for about 35 mins. (makes the house smell good)
Before roasting

After roasting

Browning the pork steak

All the players in the pool. You can see the pepperoni floating in the sauce.

Now to simmer for about 5 hours, watch football and stirring occasionally. I set the "timer" so I don't forget to stir.
The timer

How it works: You put some sippin' whiskey in the glass. Place the glass near the stove. Go watch football. As you get thirsty, you get up take a sip, stir the sauce, go back to watch football. Repeat for the next 5 hours. When sauce is done, put in canning jars and can.

Last night I figured I would need something to go with the sauce, (besides Gentleman Jack) so I made up about 5 lbs of Italian sausage.

Now back to football and sippin' stirring.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

RedJada

Looks like some good eats Gus. I really need to stop looking ay thins sight when I'm hungry.  ;D

SnellySmokesEm

I love making my own sauce.  Nice job!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist