Blown Fuse Two Eight #ers in Tower

Started by meyer lemon, September 17, 2014, 03:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meyer lemon

The smoke generator has quit.  I have replaced the bad 10 amp fuse twice with no success ( keeps blowing).  2-8# briskets in tower with three hours smoke.
Good News.....the heating element is still working because it is connected to PID and not generator.  Any help will be appreciated

KyNola

I can't help with the fuse dilemma but should your heating element also go South you can toss the briskets in your house oven set at the same temp that you have your Bradley.

Good luck!

Dano

Good question about fuses and got me thinking - where do you find replacement fuses for the SG and oven?  The place I bought my bradley from (Canadian Tire) does not carry the Bradley brand - so is there a substitute that can be used?
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)

meyer lemon

Dano, the fuses are available in auto supply stores.  I got mine at Ace Hardware.

meyer lemon

Good News  Briskets removed in 14 1/2 hrs.  FTC 4 hrs.  They are great!  Thank-you Pachanga!!!
Will post pics when I figure out Photo Bucket.

Dano

Thanks meyer - and glad to hear the brisket turned out well!  I've done a few following pachanga's method and they've all been perfect!
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: meyer lemon on September 18, 2014, 06:33:25 AM
Good News  Briskets removed in 14 1/2 hrs.  FTC 4 hrs.  They are great!  Thank-you Pachanga!!!
Will post pics when I figure out Photo Bucket.

The below link may be of some help.

How To Post Picture From Photobucket

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)