Looking for a sweet/spicy dry rub rib recipe (and a little guidance)

Started by Sweet35th, September 23, 2014, 05:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet35th

Just had our first born baby.  A 7lb 10oz boy.     I have the week off of work to help with mom, and figured it would be a perfect time to smoke up some ribs. I have been just dying to do some ribs since I got my smoker..   I am a huge fan of dry rubs, and would like something not to sweet, and maybe with a little kick.   

Wouldn't mind if someone wanted to recommend a good procedure for smoking them as well (temp, and time,  maybe how long to let the rub marinate)

Thank you all
A wise friend once told me.   "If you sit on the couch all day long drinking beer, your an alcoholic...  If you sit in front of the smoker all day long drinking beer,  your a hero!"

Saber 4

Congratulations, look up Jan's Rub here on the forum, it was formulated by the wife of a long time member here and is great on ribs, chicken, anything you can put it on really.

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

beefmann

congrats to you   and  mom , Try this rub,  you can  add more heat  by adding more  cayenne, black  pepper and ground mustard to your liking

1    CUP BROWN SUGAR
½    CUP SEASONED SALT
½    CUP PAPRIKA
2    TBSP GARLIC SALT
2    TBSP CHILI POWDER
2    TBSP BLACK PEPPER
4    TBSP GROUND MUSTARD
1    TBSP GRANULATED ONION
1    TBSP CELERY SALT
1    TBSP ONION POWDER
1    TBSP CAYENNE
1    TBSP GARLIC POWDER
1    TSP GROUND MARJORAM
1    TSP GROUND THYME
1    TSP GROUND CUMIN
1    TSP GROUND ALLSPICE
1    TSP GROUND OREGANO
1    TSP GROUND SAGE

Sweet35th

Thank you all.    I am using a modified version of Jan's rub  (not modified a lot)   A little more cayenne, and a little more sugar that is about it.

They are just about done with 3 hrs of smoke.  I am going to try the wrap in tin foil with apple juice and finish them off method that was also linked to above.   
A wise friend once told me.   "If you sit on the couch all day long drinking beer, your an alcoholic...  If you sit in front of the smoker all day long drinking beer,  your a hero!"