First time making pepperoni meat sticks

Started by netspyman, September 26, 2014, 11:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netspyman

Hi all first off i want to thank everyone for their help in advance. I have made beef jerky many times in the past and am now going to try and make some pepperoni sticks. I have a 3L meat stuffer and have a 10mm stuffing tube. I have 17mm casing. I have blend 116 of A C Legg seasoning. I have an electric smoker that i plan to use to smoke the sticks in. I have done a lot of reading on this board and have seen a lot of different techniques. I have a few questions about the process. I plan to place the sticks in the smoker and start at 110° for 2 hours. Then bump up to 130° and smoke for 2 hours then bump up 10° every hour until i get an IT of 155°. I have a few questions that i need cleared up.
1. What type of wood should i use to make smoke for the pepperoni sticks?
2. Is the cooking temps and times correct?
3. What should i add to the seasoning to make sure it is a pepperoni flavor?
4. Should i use both beef and pork to make this and if so what portions?

Sorry for all the questions but there is so many different answers out there that i thought i would ask the experts for their advice.

Thanks for any help that you can give.

NETSPYMAN

Tenpoint5

Bump the temp 20 degrees every 2 hours but try not to go above 160. You should be able to pull at 152 IT. I myself like Hickory
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!