Smoke Generator_Need help

Started by Titanite, September 27, 2014, 10:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanite

Hello,
I've had issues with the puck feeder before but tin the past I've fixed by cleaning out chips. Now, I have an issue of the pucks not self feeding every 20 mins. If I hit the puck advance button, sometimes I get a beep and no movement of the arm to feed a puck, sometimes I get no beep and no movement. If I hit the button repeatedly, sometimes it will beep and feed the puck. Can anyone help me figure out what part is haywire? I've pulled the smoke generator apart and all the connections are good and none of the wires show any sort of signs of over heating etc. Any other ideas what might be going on? Thought about just ordering a motor, but I'm not sure thats the issue.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Habanero Smoker

If no errors are being displayed it could be several potential problems. First check the sensor wire, the thin wire that plug in between the tower and generator. Check the plugs for corrosion, and receptacles for signs of corrosion, and give them a good cleaning using an electrical contact cleaner. Also check that wire for damage.

Other possibilities are problems with the display panel, or maybe the motor itself. The following link provides some more information and may help you troubleshoot the problem.

Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: Titanite on September 27, 2014, 10:19:15 AM
Hello,
I've had issues with the puck feeder before but tin the past I've fixed by cleaning out chips. Now, I have an issue of the pucks not self feeding every 20 mins. If I hit the puck advance button, sometimes I get a beep and no movement of the arm to feed a puck, sometimes I get no beep and no movement. If I hit the button repeatedly, sometimes it will beep and feed the puck. Can anyone help me figure out what part is haywire? I've pulled the smoke generator apart and all the connections are good and none of the wires show any sort of signs of over heating etc. Any other ideas what might be going on? Thought about just ordering a motor, but I'm not sure thats the issue.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Hi Titanite

If sometimes it will feed a bisquettes then you do not need to replace the motor.

I would look at the micro switch, try spraying some elec. contact cleaner in beside the little black button on the side of the micro switch
it could be just sticky from smoke residue.

Brian.

renoman

Habanero Smoker

Good video to demonstrate the problem. Though looking at that video it looks like that problem could be the micro switch just needs to be adjusted out to give the arm a little more room.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

renoman

Habs, I fiddled with the adjustment on that micro switch for hours. When the new one came I put it in and all worked fine.

kimber9

Don't mean to hijack this thread, I'll start a new one also but it seemed like a good place to ask another question. I'm a noob to smoking just got a 4 rack digital never smoked before. I seasoned the smoker with 3 pucks 1 hour with no meat in the smoker. I found out I need more than 3 pucks in the hopper to smoke 3 pucks lol. But my question is when my pucks advance the burnt one doesn't travel far enough to fall off into the water, I had to take a small stick and help it fall into the water bowl. Also it didn't seem like the next puck was all the way on the burner plate. Any idea if this is normal or how to help fix this? I don't want an old puck dangling on the edge for another 20 minutes.