Cheese For Thanksgiving

Started by JohnM70, October 02, 2014, 11:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnM70

I finally got off my tail decided to smoke some cheese for Thanksgiving. I was going to use my Bradley smoke attachment but I need to change a few things. The clamps are a pain and the flex tubing is a little problematic.
I am going to smoke for 2hrs and 20min. Three apple one hickory then 3 apple. we will see what happens. They will be vacu-sealed. The outside temp is 58 F and the box temp is 82F. I have ice in the bottom and right now the box temp is 84. I guess I will need to open the door. I am using the SG only. I thought it would not heat up that much we shall see.

The guests for the smoke:

The beginning:

We shall see what happens. temp 88 F

John
Bradley 6 Rack BDS with cold smoke attachment, Maverick remote dual temp(2), Thermapen and,  Auber Dual Probe PID, 1300 Watt Mod, Weber Genesis E310

"I keep cutting it off and cutting it off and it is still too short"

JohnM70

Well it is done.

I started to vacu-seal when I remembered the final picture. The only problem I had was keeping the box below 90 F. A number of times I had to open the door to lower the temp. About half way through after I had opened the door the SG stopped working. I reconnected the plugs and started the SG and all was fine. I think I need to get in and tighten the connections/re-seat them.

My first job will be to set up the cold smoke attachment; new flex tubing and real clamps. I am glad I bought the attachment through Amazon... no tax, no shipping and cheaper!

I did need to try a little bit and except for the ash tray taste it was great. Also the color is a little pale the taste is what I am waiting for.

Now for the long wait. Well not until Thanksgiving, in about 5 weeks a QC test may be required. ;D

John
Bradley 6 Rack BDS with cold smoke attachment, Maverick remote dual temp(2), Thermapen and,  Auber Dual Probe PID, 1300 Watt Mod, Weber Genesis E310

"I keep cutting it off and cutting it off and it is still too short"

Tenpoint5

It's funny how that little taste test and the resulting ASHTRAY taste make the waiting period no so hard to do
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoker John

Looks really good, the waiting is the hardest part as Tom Petty said.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Roget

Looks great!
You probably will find it easier to keep a good low temp with the cold smoke adapter.
I have never cold smoked without it so I can't say for sure, but I do know it works well.
YCDBSOYA