Pork Bellies at RD

Started by rexster, October 02, 2014, 08:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rexster

Just checked online prices for pork bellies at Restaurant Depot (Houston) and they're $1.93/lb by the case!!
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

GusRobin

Quote from: rexster on October 02, 2014, 08:48:28 PM
Just checked online prices for pork bellies at Restaurant Depot (Houston) and they're $1.93/lb by the case!!
Where do you checkfor prices? I have looked at the flyer for Nashville and they don't mention bellies here.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

rexster

Quote from: GusRobin on October 04, 2014, 03:24:35 PM
Quote from: rexster on October 02, 2014, 08:48:28 PM
Where do you checkfor prices? I have looked at the flyer for Nashville and they don't mention bellies here.

I go into my profile that shows previous purchases, get the UPC # and do a search for that UPC. Try this number in a product search. 20704630000 that's the UPC for pork bellies. It's probably the same number for your store
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

GusRobin

thanks
I am not a member, but get day passes as a KCBS member. So I don't get the search function when I go to the website. Would you mind doing a search for the Nashville TN and Birmingham AL stores and see what comes up for bellies?  thanks
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

Salmonsmoker

I was not able to do the search using the UPC #-It comes up blank, but a search by selecting only "fresh meat" and leaving the other two filters blank pulls up the complete list of products they carry. Fresh pork bellies, skinless, is listed there (with the same UPC code Rexter posted..hmmm) same price at $1.98 per lb. in case lots.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

GusRobin

thanks, was that at Nashville or Birmingham?

Salmonsmoker

Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.