Hello! Great to be part of this community.

Started by machine011, September 30, 2014, 11:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

machine011

Hello, I am a new BS611 owner. I also purchased a cold smoke adapter, Nesco dehydrator and vacuum sealer. I plan to play around with some hot smoking/ cooks, some cold smoking and some jerky making.

I have already found this forum useful as I had done some pre-purchase research and decided to go with the original with future plans of getting a PID, rather than going digital.

Looks like there is a wealth of knowledge here and I am excited to be part of this community.

Cheers,
machine011
Bradley BS611
Maverick ET-733

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

KyNola

ragweed

tailfeathers

Hi from South Dakota and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

dave01

seb bot

Welcome from Richmond, BC!

Hope you enjoy your new smoker and other goodies! :)

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

TedEbear

Welcome aboard from St. Louis.  Here are a few links to get you started:

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET733

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

Any plans for your first smoke?  Pork butts are easy and forgiving, although they can take a long time to cook.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

machine011

Thanks for the links TedEBear! I will check them out. My first smoke will be a couple large fillets of wild sockeye salmon. My wife is a pescetarian (vegetarian, but eats fish) so we are starting out with something that she will be able to partake in. I do plan on smoking some beef, chicken, pork and whatever else for myself and guests though.
Bradley BS611
Maverick ET-733

machine011

Got the first one under my belt. I just did a quick hot smoke on some wild sockeye salmon. It was a cool evening at 4 deg. C (39F), so I had some problems getting the temp up at first. I moved the smoker into my garage with the door open and got my small space heater going. Temps got up no problem after that. All said and done it went 1-3/4 hours with Alder smoke and I pulled the fillets out when they hit 140 deg. It was very tasty and has great flavor. I'm excited to try more fish but do some brining.

Pics below!

Before:

After:
Bradley BS611
Maverick ET-733

manfromplaid

congrats on the first smoke. there are some great ways to make maple candied salmon on the foroum. welcome from the Edmonton area

dman4505

very nice and welcome to the fun zone
would love to get my hands on a couple of filets like that
you only forgot one thing:

my invitation....ha ha

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.