New here - need help!

Started by Yodilehewho, October 09, 2014, 05:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yodilehewho

Hi All - I just turned on my new digital smoker - all looks as it should, EXCEPT I am getting an E1 error code! Can't figure it out!!! I have six racks of char and salmon ready to go...HELP!
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

tailfeathers

Unplug everything and plug it back in making sure everything gets firmly seated. I think the code pertains to the small cable between the tower and SG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

manfromplaid

unplug and replug all the cords  making sure that they are seated properly. have you done the preseasoning process as recommended by Bradley first. start with this  and see if it fixs your problem.

pensrock

They have you on the right track. Make sure to preseason before using, this will burn off any oils from the manufacture and put a light coating of smoke on the inside, the more the smoke builds up inside the better, always keep the top vent open. Like was mentioned, unplug the small cable between the generator and the tower. Plug it back in and push hard and twist slightly. Sometimes it does not make a good connection. This should fix your problem. Welcome to the forum! :)

KyNola

Indeed, the  E1 error is related to the thin sensor cord that runs from the smoke generator to the tower.  Unplug and replug the sensor cord.  If you still get the error, reverse ends of the cord and see if the cord will seat better and resolve the issue.

Oops!  Sorry Greg.

seb bot

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Hope you got your smoker working and that everything turns out... :)

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

TedEbear

Quote from: Yodilehewho on October 09, 2014, 05:49:27 AM
Hi All - I just turned on my new digital smoker - all looks as it should, EXCEPT I am getting an E1 error code! Can't figure it out!!! I have six racks of char and salmon ready to go...HELP!

Welcome aboard.  If you haven't resolved the E1 error yet the following links may help.

My smoker displays an E1 error on the screen. What should I do?

What is an "E" message?

Yodilehewho

Thx for all you replies - turns out I need a new sensor cable...Looking on the Bradley site and can't seem to locate one- any suggestions - I am in Canada. I can order one from the states from Yard and Pool - but it costs $26 for shipping! 

KyNola

Call the folks at Bradley.  Your smoker is new, it's under warranty.  They have great customer service.  They will fix you right up.

dave01

Yodilehewho

I ordered a new sensor cable directly from Bradley, but, I am still getting the E1 error code! I've removed the back panel to check the connections. I've plugged, unplugged and replugged everything in every combination possible. HELP!

dave01

maybe you could spray the connections with contact cleaner or WD

Yodilehewho

This is so frustrating...I took off the back panel. Checked the connections to the sensor. All seems as it should. Now I am wondering if the new sensor cable is no good. I'll have to call a tech when they open in BC.

I have everything brined and ready to go - I should have checked the new cable before I got everything ready...I am in the same sinking boat I was in a few weeks ago.

So now...I am going to see if I can smoke my six racks on the BBQ with wood chips. Not ideal since I can't control the temp like I can with the digital smoker - which is why I spent $600 on the smoker to begin with.

KyNola

Give this a try.  Unplug your smoke generator from your power source and remove the generator from the tower.  Turn the generator upside down.  You will see 8 screws around the perimeter.  Remove those 8 screws.  There are other screws in the center.  Leave them in place.  Your generator will open clam shell fashion.  Check all of the connections, paying extra attention to the area where the plug for the sensor cord is located.  You may have a loose connection in the generator.

Put it all back together and see if it works now.