Brisket Rub

Started by SnellySmokesEm, October 09, 2014, 09:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnellySmokesEm

I am going to do a brisket in a few weeks and I am looking for rub ideas.... Ready.... Set.... GO!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

MoHuka

Oakridge BBQ "Black Ops Brisket Rub" - fantastic
MoSmoker

Wildcat

I like to keep it simple. Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder. Really brings out the beef flavor.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

SnellySmokesEm

Quote from: Wildcat on October 09, 2014, 12:10:21 PM
I like to keep it simple. Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder. Really brings out the beef flavor.

Do you have a recipe????
BBQ Evangelist

Wildcat

I generally coat with EVOO then apply salt, pepper, garlic and onion. That is about all the recipe that I have.

Wildcat

I think you would be fine using any rub you would use on steak if you want more than I stated. If you are looking for measurements, I can't help you there. I do it to taste. My wife likes to add Nature's Seasoning on steaks. Check out the recipe site at the bottom of my post. There are some members that have some good write up's on Brisket.

KyNola

Zach's Championship Brisket Rub.

Ka Honu

With pork or chicken you need to add flavor. Brisket is beef and you want it to taste like beef so don't screw it up with odd seasoning combinations.  Salt, pepper, and maybe some granulated garlic are all that's necessary for "classic" brisket.

Dano

I've used the rub that Pachanga has from his recipe with great success. I know there are a few divided camps out there (just salt/pepper vs mixtures) so use whichever suites your own tastes. 
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)

pensrock

QuoteI like to keep it simple. Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder. Really brings out the beef flavor.
Same here, I keep it simple and let the beef flavors come out. Sometimes I also add Worcestershire powder. Just sprinkle some of each on all side and go. :)

SnellySmokesEm

Thanks guys, looks like I am going to keep it simple and go with salt pepper and garlic.  Thats what I have done in the past.  I was just checking to see what ya'll thought.  thanks!
BBQ Evangelist