Hello from Crystal Lake

Started by geneva92, October 15, 2014, 06:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneva92

I just got a 611 and a Aurber  WS-1200 CPH PID controller.  My question is when I start after hookup do I need to turn the generator to high during the complete smoking process? 

pensrock

I'm a little confused. The smoke generator is only on or off. There is no adjustment or control. To get smoke turn it on. Now as far as the tower temp control. Since you have an Auber that will do the controlling, if it is an original smoker and not the digital, I would have the slider the whole way to on the Auber will then turn it on/off as needed. If it is a digital model You need to do nothing except set the smoke generator.

dave01

beefmann

geneva92

Quote from: pensrock on October 15, 2014, 07:16:07 PM
I'm a little confused. The smoke generator is only on or off. There is no adjustment or control. To get smoke turn it on. Now as far as the tower temp control. Since you have an Auber that will do the controlling, if it is an original smoker and not the digital, I would have the slider the whole way to on the Auber will then turn it on/off as needed. If it is a digital model You need to do nothing except set the smoke generator.

Thank you for your  response,  on my generator there is a on switch and above it there is a knob which turns from low to high( I assume it is the rheostat) I will turn it to high and leave it and allow the Auber to set temps.  By the way what is the answer to (last letter or symbol in this question) verification question.  Thanks again