Bradley Forum Christmas Gift Exchange VI.

Started by GusRobin, October 17, 2014, 10:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Welcome to the annual Bradley Forum Christmas Gift Exchange VI.

For those of you that aren't familiar with this, it is something that we do on a volunteer basis.  We start early so that you have enough time to order things if so choose to include some in your gift package. So we are doing things early to allow for sufficient time to get your gift package together.

Those that wish to participate will submit their information (directions to follow later in this thread) to the coordinator (me). I will then randomly assign each participant the name of the person that they will send their gift. You will not receive a gift from the same person you send one to.

While we have an International forum, we limit US to US, Canada to Canada, UK to UK, etc. This is primarily due to customs issues that have arisen in the past. So as long as we have at least 2 participants from a country, they can be a part of the Exchange. So if you are located outside the US and want to participate, send me your info and hopefully there will be another one of you that wants to play.

We have set a minimum limit of $25 (not including shipping). This is a minimum value and you are free to be as generous as you wish. (Especially if you are assigned my name.) To see some examples of what people have sent in the past, here are links to previous Exchanges.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=30278.0
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=30656.0
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=25656.0
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=19173.0
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=33981.0
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=33845.0

Here are the specifics if you wish to participate:
1)   No later than 5:00 PM Central Time on Friday November 7th – send me a PM with your Name, Address, Screen Name, and email address. (PLEASE INCLUDE ALL REQUESTED INFO). Only your name, address and screen name will be given to the person selected to give your gift.
Sometime that weekend you will get a PM with the name and address of your gift recipient.
2)   All gifts should be mailed no earlier than Dec 2nd and no later than Dec 7th.  In previous years we have had a number of "casualties" occur during shipping. Please make sure to adequately pack any breakables.
3)   Include your name and screen name in the package so people know who to thank.
4)   When you get your gift, please take a picture and post it on the thread that will be set up. (This is part of the fun— seeing what other folks received.) .
5)   We realize that some folks may be having a rough year, so if there is any doubt about your ability to participate, please do not sign up. If for any reason you need to drop out or can't send a gift after you have signed up, please notify me immediately. Otherwise someone will be disappointed.
6)   To participate you only need to do 5 things. (1) Send me a PM with your name, address, screen name, and email. (2) When you receive your PM with the name of your recipient, PM me back to let me know you received it and that you are still going to participate, (3) Send your gift and then PM me and let me know you mailed your gift, (4) PM me when you receive your gift and (5) have fun. (Even if you post a picture of what you have received, you need to PM me and let me know that you received it. Every year there are a couple of folks that can't seem to follow instructions and that results in me having to chase them down to make sure they received and sent a gift. (Quit laughing Chris). Organizing this thing takes a lot of time. It makes it much easier if you send me the requested notifications so I don't have to chase down folks to see if they did what they said they were going to do. So please follow the directions.)

7)   Names are assigned by random numbers. In the past people have requested specific people, complained that they got the same person, a close friend, etc., etc. It would be unfair to grant these requests. The names are assigned completely at random. The only changes I make is when a person is assigned their own name, or their spouse or significant other. No exceptions, so don't ask. Deal with it because I don't have the time, patience, nor sobriety to start juggling names around. :)

8)   Helen Waite has volunteered to handle all complaints again this year. So if you have a complaint you can go to Helen Waite.

I hope everyone will enjoy this as much as we have in previous years and let the fun begin. If you have any questions, feel free to post them or PM me.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

pensrock

Thanks for doing this again Gus. It is a lot of fun.  :)

RedJada

Got in on this for the first time last year and had a blast. Thanks Gus, PM sent

beefmann

it will be another great gift exchange and a  ton of  fun as well... cant wait to get  started...  pm sent

Skishy

Thanks for doing all of this. It's very much appreciated!
"Hail to the King, baby!" - Bruce Campbell

2 - 4 rack OBS
1 - Brinkmann Pellet Smoker
1 - Masterbuilt Charcoal smoker

GusRobin

Here are those that have signed up. If you are not listed you are not signed up so send (or re-send) your info.

USA
GusRobin
RedJada
Skishy
Ragweed
pensrock
Beefmann

CANADA
None so far
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

Shasta bob

PM sent , thanks again Gus, been collecting items for some time already.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

SnellySmokesEm

Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

tailfeathers

I'm in and would like to add my thanks to GusRobin for his efforts in coordinating this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

cajunboudreaux

OOOOOHHHHHHHHH,,,,, So Exciting..... Looking forward to this.. Thanks to everyone involved for your hard work.
Laissez les bon temps rouler

iceman

Bavind

GusRobin

GusRobin

Here is where we stand so far. We have 17 participants (need more Canadians).

USA
Beefmann
Cajunboudreaux
dman4505
GusRobin
HSC5690
iceman
mez
pensrock
Ragweed
RedJada
Schmidty
Shasta Bob
Skishy
SnellySmokesEm
tailfeathers

Canada
Bavind
Bradley (Head Office)

If you want to participate and you are not on the list, PM me your info (PM, NOT EMAIL).

GusRobin

Latest count as of 10/22 7:00pm CT

USA
Beefmann
Cajunboudreaux
dman4505
GusRobin
HSC5690
iceman
mez
NorthShoreMN
pensrock
Ragweed
RedJada
Schmidty
Shasta Bob
Skishy
SnellySmokesEm
tailfeathers
Canada
Bavind
Bradley (Head Office)
G

If you want to participate and you are not on the list, PM me your info (PM, NOT EMAIL).