Been a while!

Started by Mat_M, October 19, 2014, 03:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat_M

Haven't posted in quite some time. Doesn't mean I haven't been smokin!

This one was from about a month ago. Made a fatty with beef & sausage, filled with bell peppers and mozzarella.

The next one was from yesterday, did some brats and some ABTs!

tskeeter

Good lookin eats, Matt!

And nice to see your post here.

beefmann

Pistol Pete

Mat_M,

I saw your profile and wondered why someone from Arizona would be using sweet bell peppers. My first thought was, there's a woman involved.  Then I saw the pic of the Jim Beam...APPARENTLY MIXED WITH COKE!.  Then I said...I KNOW there's a woman involved.  You redeemed yourself with the pic of the ABTs and Gentleman Jack....drunk the way nature intended.  Right out the bottle.  Yum!

Couple questions...at what temp was the roll smoked  and was the bacon pre or post crisped up?  Thanks

Mat_M

Quote from: Pistol Pete on October 20, 2014, 01:35:52 PM
Mat_M,

I saw your profile and wondered why someone from Arizona would be using sweet bell peppers. My first thought was, there's a woman involved.  Then I saw the pic of the Jim Beam...APPARENTLY MIXED WITH COKE!.  Then I said...I KNOW there's a woman involved.  You redeemed yourself with the pic of the ABTs and Gentleman Jack....drunk the way nature intended.  Right out the bottle.  Yum!

Couple questions...at what temp was the roll smoked  and was the bacon pre or post crisped up?  Thanks

You would be correct! Wife and friends, so I try to tailor to everyone's tastes.

To answer your question: my smoker is years out of warranty, so I went in and removed the safety shutoff and the temperature slider (I also completely removed that god-awful faceplate they used to make with the OBS). The wires literally connect from the socket on the back of the smoker directly to the heating element. I control everything with an Auber. In the case of the Fatty roll, I didn't connect the Auber, so the heat would be set to max if there were a slider. It took about 6.5 hours if I recall correctly.

The bacon was raw when the fatty went in, and crisp when I took it out of the smoker.