Hello from Vancouver

Started by ifyourlookinyouaintcookin, October 23, 2014, 11:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ifyourlookinyouaintcookin

Hi everyone,
Waiting for the delivery of my new BS611! Very excited to try out some real smoking and learn some tricks from you guys!

dave01

Welcome to the forum, enjoy

Dave

beefmann

TedEbear

Welcome aboard from St. Louis.  Here are a few links to get you started:

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET733

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

Any plans for your first smoke?  Pork butts are easy and forgiving, although they can take a long time to cook.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

ifyourlookinyouaintcookin

Thanks for all the links!
First smoke is scheduled for Sunday. I was thinking of doing a Pork Butt as I've cooked them in gas or electric oven, using liquid smoke (I know I know...), and they turned up pretty well. I might have not enough time on Sunday though, so plan B is a beautiful Sockeye from the huge Fraser run that just finished.
I'll keep you posted!

Quarlow

Well if you want to eat pulled pork on Sunday you better start cookin' on Saturday. Welcome to the forum from someone along, long, long ways away. SOCKEYE, did you say the sockeye are runnin'. Good thing I just cleaned my freezer. I needs ta load up. And hey what are ya doin' waiting, don't ya' know that Bradley is right here in Delta. LOL
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

seb bot

Welcome to the forum from another fellow lower mainlander  :)

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712