Restaurant Depot pricing policy

Started by rexster, October 26, 2014, 05:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rexster

Just a word to the wise here. I went online last night and checked fresh pork bellies and the case price was listed at $2.19/lb by case weight. A real nice price. Soooo, traveled to the RD today and picked up 4 cases, 120 lbs. When I got to the checker I asked her to price check the pork to make sure of the online price and was told it was $2.36/lb case weight. I had the online screen already pulled up on my Samsung and told her that the price was incorrect and showed/told her of the online price. After talking to the floor manager, she took me to the on duty store manager who couldn't believe that someone could check pricing online. He asked me to send him a screen shot of the online price but I didn't have a signal to email it, so he let me log onto my RD account online, pulled up the pricing and he was very nice and honored the online price. He kept on saying he had never seen someone check price online. So, if you have an account at RD, check your prices before shopping and be able to back it up when the price is wrong. My savings were right at $25, just imagine how much RD is making off this from others that don't know how, or don't know that online pricing is available.
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

Saber 4

That's a good point for shopping anywhere these days, I always go to the same couple of checkers at our local stores and they always give me the local price match coupon/sale prices without having to bring anything in and it always saves a bunch.

TedEbear

Quote from: rexster on October 26, 2014, 05:55:48 PMMy savings were right at $25

$20.40, if the price difference was $.17/lb and you bought 120 lbs worth. 

I wonder what their prices are for briskets?  I was going to smoke a brisket for my secret ingredient for a chili cook-off at work this coming week.  I found a 9.3 lb one at my local grocer, 1.5 miles away. The price was nearly $85.   :o

With the other ingredients I figured I'd be spending around $100 for one pot of chili.  I think I'll pass on the cook-off.

rexster

Quote from: TedEbear on October 26, 2014, 09:41:30 PM
Quote from: rexster on October 26, 2014, 05:55:48 PMMy savings were right at $25

I was talking generality, but the original price was 2.46/lb. I bought 124 lbs. 304$ I got a discount of 33.47$
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

GusRobin

Quote from: TedEbear on October 26, 2014, 09:41:30 PM

$20.40, if the price difference was $.17/lb and you bought 120 lbs worth. 

I wonder what their prices are for briskets?  I was going to smoke a brisket for my secret ingredient for a chili cook-off at work this coming week.  I found a 9.3 lb one at my local grocer, 1.5 miles away. The price was nearly $85.   :o

With the other ingredients I figured I'd be spending around $100 for one pot of chili.  I think I'll pass on the cook-off.
I think last time I paid in the high $3s for a choice full brisket.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.