Need ideas for Bradley storage

Started by projump, July 27, 2006, 08:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

projump

Hello smoking enthusiasts,
       I am looking for some suggestions for storage of the smoker. I have a 4 rack digital. Pictures would be great. Thanks, projump
When there are visible vapors in ignited carbonaceous material, there you will find parts of an omnivorous ungulate from the suidae family of mammals.

Sacrifice

I store my Bradley on my deck in a portable greenhouse that I picked up at the hardware store - cost about $50.  I took the middle two rack out, put some plywood on the lower rack for strength, kept the upper rack on for my procom.  I also cut a smoke hole in the front and made a flap, so when it rains I can zip the unit up and the smoke and moisture will escape throught the flap.  It has wheels, which is nice for moving it. It has been in there for over a year and a half with no problems.  It rains most of the spring/summer/fall here and it snows in the winter.  When I use it, all I have to do is unzip the front and start smoking.  Here is a picture of it:

projump

Hey Sacrifice,
     Thanks for the idea and the pic. Thats a very creative setup. I think I need something I can lock up though, to keep the honest people honest. I want to keep it on my deck and don't want to have to carry it back and forth to the shed every time I use it.
I'm thinking about getting this cabinet from Sears. I could leave it on the deck and when I go to smoke, unlock it, take the Bradley out and set it on top.
                                                                              Projump
When there are visible vapors in ignited carbonaceous material, there you will find parts of an omnivorous ungulate from the suidae family of mammals.

car54

Here is my solution. It blends in with the fence and it is ready year round, rain sleet, hail or snow won't stop it.

Brad

asa

projump -
That cabinet from Sears looks like a great solution. I just keep mine under roof protection on my front porch, with the Bradley cover that came with it from Chez. Fortunately, the Ms. thinks it looks "cute" out there and it is small enough that it is not intrusive - more importantly she likes what I produce from it, so a balance seems to have been achieved.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!